A journey of positive impact
OCP was founded in Morocco in 1920 as the Office Chérifien des Phosphates. We started with a single mine at Khouribga.
In 2008, it was transformed into a joint-stock company and was renamed OCP S.A ( in which the State of Morocco is the main shareholder). Our continued success has depended on relationships with our community, a commitment to lessening our impact on our precious environment, and the opportunity to partner with innovative local businesses.
Now a century later, our operations span across five continents, and we work throughout the value chain, from mining and manufacturing to education and community development. Our people have been a catalyst for growth in Morocco.
As the country's largest private employer, we have been able to channel the extraordinary talents of thousands of people to build universities and green cities, create jobs, and implement farming and community outreach programs throughout the country. These programs have allowed us to share our prosperity alongside the communities we live and work with.
Since 2002, Phosboucraa has been a wholly owned susbsidiary of OCP, managed and operated by OCP and adhering to the same quality and sustainability standards as the other OCP mines throughout Morocco.